1 March 2004 Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Report
by Jeff Parnes
- Members: Carol Hawn (Old Mill), Mark McConn (Bull Run CA), Jeff Parnes (Chantilly Highlands), and Larry Tessier (Franklin Glen)
- Guests: Jim Hart and Ron Koch (Planning Commission) Toni McMahon (International Town And Country Club)
- Proponent: Toni McMahon for the International Town And Country Club
- Action: Special Exception (SE 2003-SU-027)
- Location: Route 50 just east of Stringfellow Road
The International Town and Country Club presented their plans for a seven-year upgrade to their facilities. The upgrade plans include relocating the bath house and pool, relocating the tennis complex, additions/changes to the existing clubhouse, and more. There were no adverse comments from the committee.
- Old business:
- The committee expected to hear from Keith Martin on a PCA/FDPA case to add a quick service food store to existing service bays at the Exxon on Route 50 at Fair Oaks. It had been previously considered in January, and was going to PC on 24 March 2004 with the retention of service faculties. Reconsideration by Exxon as to whether they really wanted to retain the a full-service bay had caused Planning Commissioner Ron Koch to indefinitely postpone its consideration.
- New Business:
- Upcoming Meetings:
- Manassas National Battlefield Park Bypass Study workshop, 5 - 8 PM Tuesday, 16 March 2004, Stonewall Jackson Sr. High School, 8820 Rixlew Lane, Manassas
This will be the fourth workshop since the inception of the study. The purpose of the workshop will be to present a preliminary summary of impacts for each of the
alternatives currently under study prior to the publication of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement and solicit input on the alternatives. A brief presentation
about the study will begin at 6:00 PM.
Please provide your thoughts on the study. Submit them at the meeting or mail them to Mr. Jack Van Dop of FHWA at 21400 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling, VA 20166 prior to 30 March 2004.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Chair, Sully District Council
Land Use and Transportation Committee
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
last modified Thursday, 1 April 2004
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes