Agenda for 6 February 2006 Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee will meet at 7:30
p.m. in the Sully District Governmental Center meeting room 1, 4900
Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151
This proposal has been seen by this committee twice since 2000 in another guise. The first two times the proposal called for an change to the Comprehensive Plan to allow residential development east of the proposed spine road. The first out-of-turn Plan Amendment was withdrawn after the economic downturn following the attacks of 9-11. It was then included in area plan review conducted in 2004 but was deferred indefinitely to address student generation issues. Both times it has been endorsed by this body. This proposal is essentially the same, but the housing to the east of the spine road is now proposed to be limited to adult age restricted housing in conformity with HUD guidelines. This eliminates any student generation by the residential component and allows the development to go forward, as the residential component is less than 40%, without a plan amendment.
- Proponent: Keith Martin for Sack, Harris & Martin
- Action: RZ/FDP 2000-MD-20, from residential vacant to office, hotel & multifamily
- Location: Southeast quadrant of intersection of Rt 28 and Frying Pan Road
KSI is in the final stages of considering acquiring the Airston property which it had under contract previously for a couple of years. Supervisors Frey and Hudgins told KSI and AIrston that they could not go separately. So the plan shown previously will will need to be updated.
- Old Business (8:30):
- New Business (9:00):
- Scheduled Meetings:
- The next CAC meeting is Wednesday, February 1 from 6:30 to 9:30 in the Westfield High School Lecture Room
This meeting will be a review of the FINAL Draft Watershed Plan. The meeting agenda will include discussing the final comments on the plan, reviewing the prioritization of projects, discussing the first few community meetings, and defining roles after the watershed planning process is over.
- What: Cub Run & Bull Run CAC Meeting
- Where: Westfield High School, 4700 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly, VA
- When: Wednesday, February 1, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Agenda: Review Final Draft of the Plan and discuss Community meetings
- Misc: Light sandwiches will be provided. Feel free to bring an additional bag dinner as well.
- Planned for 6 March Meeting
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Chair, Sully District Council
Land Use and Transportation Committee
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
last modified Friday, 18 January 2006
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes