Agenda for 28 June 2017 Sully District Council Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Council of Citizen Associations will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 28 June 2017 in the in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2017?
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
- Membership Presentation starting at 7:00:
- Topic: Development in the Tri-county Area
- Planning Staff from Loudoun, Fairfax and Prince William> counties
- Representatives from all adjoining supervisory districts in Loudoun, Fairfax and Prince William counties
- Leanna Hush O'Donnell, AICP, Branch Chief, Policy and Plan Development, Planning Division, Fairfax County Department of Planning and Zoning
- Pat Herrity, Springfield District Supervisor, Fairfax County
- Elizabeth D. Scullin, P.E., Division Chief, Transportation Planning and Programming, Prince William County Department of Transportation.
- Terry Yates, VDOT
The SDCCA Land Use and Transportation Committee meets jointly with the WFCCA Land Use Committee on 6 June 2017 at the Sully Government Facility:
- On the agenda:
- Vehicle service and storage facility on Old Lee Road, Chantilly, VA.
- New Arden Courts Memory Care Facility and a day care facility
- Telecommunications ZOAs
Items of General Interest:
- Current events at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- Rehabilitation work on the Old Centreville Road bridge over Bull Run
- VDOT will begin rehabilitation work on the Old Centreville Road bridge over Bull Run on Tuesday, 24 January. During the rehabilitation, bridge traffic will be controlled via temporary signals. This project is scheduled to be completed by the Fall of this year.
- To find more information on this project, please click here.
- Public Meetings on "Minor Modifications to Approved Zonings in July
- Two public meetings will be held in July to present and solicit feedback on the concepts and draft language of a proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendment for Minor Modifications to Approved Zonings.
For additional information on the proposed amendment, please see the zMOD webpage at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/zmod/minor-modifications.htm.
- The first meeting will be held on 10 July 2017 at the McLean Governmental Center (1437 Balls Hill Road, McLean, VA 22101) Community Meeting Room at 7:00 PM.
- The second meeting will be held on July 12 at the South County Government Center (8350 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22309) Main Conference Room (221) at 7:30 PM.
Survey for Proposed Zoning Rules For What Are Called Short-Term Rentals - Respond by 31 August 2017!
- Fairfax County is working to create proposed zoning rules for what are called short-term rentals. These are homes, condos and apartments rented out for less than 30 days on websites like Airbnb, Homeaway, VRBO, FlipKey, or Roomarama.
- They want your feedback to help them develop their proposal. Please take this short, 10-question survey by 31 August 2017: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/short-term-rentals.
- The regulations may address:
- Where these rentals would be allowed in the county
- How often they could be rented out
- What types of properties could be rented out
- How many people would be allowed to stay in a property at any one time
- They have just started their effort to draft possible rules-beginning with getting our thoughts. They also will be seeking more public feedback this summer. The Board of Supervisors must ultimately approve any proposed regulations, and they anticipate they will not hold public hearings until late this year. For more information, including future public meeting dates, visit http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpz/short-term-rentals.htm, or call the Zoning Administration Division at 703-324- 1314, TTY 711.
Comment Online on the E.C. Lawrence Draft Master Plan Revision by 10 July
- The Fairfax County Park Authority (FCPA) continues to explore new ways to engage with the community in its park master planning efforts. As the Park Authority requests public input related to the revision of the Ellanor C. Lawrence Park Master Plan, citizens who wish to comment are now able to use CiviComment as an alternative to email.
- CiviComment is a crowdsourcing website that allows users to comment directly into the draft master plan document and discuss comments made by other reviewers. They understand that many residents will choose to provide their comments via email, in writing, or in person, which is fine. They welcome all comments! For those who are unable to download and print large documents (such as on a public computer) or those who prefer a more collaborative experience, please consider giving CiviComment a try.
- The Ellanor C. Lawrence Park draft master plan revision is available for review on the project's website at Ellanor C. Lawrence Park Master Plan Revision. After following the link from the project's website to the CiviComment site, users will be asked to create an account before participating.
- As CiviComment is a new tool for the Park Authority, they would appreciate any feedback about your experience using CiviComment. If the experience is beneficial, they may expand use of the service to supplement their public planning process on future projects.
- All comments on the Ellanor C. Lawrence draft master plan revision must be received by 10 July 2017, to be included in the official public record. If not using CiviComment, written comments should be directed to Project Manager Ryan Stewart, Planning & Development Division, Fairfax County Park Authority, 12055 Government Center Parkway, Suite 421, Fairfax, VA 22035. Email comments may be sent to: Parkmail@fairfaxcounty.gov. After all comments have been considered, the plan will be modified, as necessary, and presented to the Park Authority Board for final consideration and approval.
- For more information, contact the Public Information Office at 703-324-8662.
Survey for Fairfax County's Strategic Plan for Community-wide Housing - Respond by 15 July 2017
- Fairfax County is developing a strategic plan for community-wide housing, with a focus on affordable housing. At this point the county's planners are collecting residents' viewpoints via a survey and community meetings. (The survey deadline is 15 July) Below is the county's survey announcement.
- You may wish to:
- Respond to this survey with your association's position or
forward this message to your members so they may provide their individual responses to the survey
- Attend a community meeting on 13 July 13 from 7 pm - 9 pm at the Mason Governmental Center, 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale.
- More information about the development of the strategic plan is at: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/rha/communityhousingplan.htm.. Located there is a short video, a 17-slide presentation, and fliers announcing the community meetings
- They are asking your input to help them better understand our local housing needs and plan for ways to ensure there are housing options for everyone who wants to live in our county. Please take a few minutes to respond to our survey:
Next month's meeting will start at 7 PM in the in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151.
- The Sully District Council membership does not meet in the summer - the next meeting will be the State of Sully presented by Supervisor Smith on 27 September
- The Sully District Council board will meet to plan the remainder of 2017 and early 2018 meetings after the Joint Land Use and Transportation meeting on 26 July
- The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Wednesday, 26 July 2017. The agenda tentatively includes a review of draft county transportation priorities plan.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2017 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes