Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
for 5 October 2020 Sully District Council Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Council of Citizen Associations will meet virtually at 7:00 p.m. on 5 October 2020. Note that is the first Monday of October rather than our usual fourth Wednesday.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2020?
- Sully District Council is Social!
This month's Council meeting is scheduled for 7:00, Wednesday, 5 October 2020.
- Topic: — The Sully District Council of Citizens Associations is cosponsoring with the League of Woman Voters, Fairfax Area, a Tenth District Virginia US House of Representatives Virtual Candidate Forum. There will be no Eleventh District forum.
Please visit the League's web page where you can also register and pose questions at https://www.lwv-fairfax.org/2020-candidate-forums.
The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee (JSDLU&TC) will meet on Monday, 19 October 2020.
In September the JSDLU&TC authorized resolutions/letters on:
- 7:00 — Recently authorized Comprehensive Plan Amendment concerning the Workforce Dwelling Unit (WDU) Policy, as well as changes to the Housing and Land Use Elements
- 8:00 — First Sheetz location in Fairfax County.
- 8:45 — Transportation Improvements along Rt 50 in Loudoun County
- Resolution on Route 28 bypass calling for public hearings for consideration of proposed bypass routes in Fairfax County
- Resolution on Braddock Road "Operational and Safety Improvements" calling for conformance to the adopted comprehensive plan
- Resolution on the Stanley Martin Stonecroft Development objecting to its development in the not yet adopted db contour lines
- Letter to inform communities of the possible impact to their neighborhoods by the county's ZMOD initiative.
- Letter to Fairfax county BOS requesting immediate action for VDOT's approval of the Bull Run Post Office Road truck ban.
Items of General Interest:
- Early Voting is underway:
- Early voting began Friday, September 18, at the Fairfax County Government Center from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Voting will also be available on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on September 19, October 17, October 24, and October 31, 2020. An additional 13 early voting locations (satellite locations) will open on October 14, 2020. Currently, the voting hours at these locations will be from 1:00 to 7:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays, and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays. The last day to vote early is Saturday, October 31, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Any registered Fairfax County voter can vote early, and can cast their ballot at any early voting site.
- A new state law has taken effect stating that you may now use a copy of your current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document with the voter's name and address as ID. A photo ID, like a driver's license, is no longer required.
- Photo IDs remain an acceptable form of identification — and you can even use an expired Virginia driver's license no matter how long ago it expired.
- For more information, click here or contact the Fairfax County Office of Elections at 703-222-0776, TTY 711.
- Fairfax County 2020 Bond Referendums — There are four bond referendums on the general election ballot, and voters may vote yes or no on each of these referendums:
- Libraries - $90 million.
- Parks - $112 million.
- Transportation - $160 million
- Community and Health and Human Services - $79 million.
For more information see the county's website.
As circumstances permit, next month's meetings will start at 7 PM either virtually or in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151, unless otherwise indicated.
- The next Sully District Council meeting will be held on Monday, 18 November 2020. Note that is the third Wednesday of November rather than our usual fourth Wednesday.
- Next month's Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Monday, 16 November 2020.
None at this time.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2020 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes