Agenda for 25 September 2019 Sully District Council Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Council of Citizen Associations will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 25 September2019 in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2019?
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
- Membership Presentation starting at 7:00:
- Topic: Topic: Fairfax County Candidates Forum with the League of Woman Voters, Fairfax Area
- Sully Supervisor
- Kathy Smith (Democrat – Incombent)
- Srilekha R. Palle (Republican)
- Sully School Board Member
- Stella G. Pekarsky (Democratic-Endorsed Independent)
- Tom A. Wilson (Republican-Endorsed Independent – Incombent)
- What questions would you like to be posed to the supervisor and school board candidates?
The SDCCA Land Use and Transportation Committee met jointly with the WFCCA Land Use Committee on 16 September 2019 at Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151.
- 7:00 -- Residential Development on Westfields off Conference Center Drive | RZ/FDP 2019-SU-009
Items of General Interest:
- Current events at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- Tree Care Spotlight: Managing Trees in Preservation Areas
- If you own property that is near a stream, it may be part of a network of preservation areas known as Chesapeake Bay Resource Protection Areas or RPAs. RPAs have been established around coastal areas and tributaries in Virginia to protect water quality in the Chesapeake Bay.
- What does this mean for property owners? You may be restricted from land disturbance activities including tree or shrub removal or adding new landscaping. Situations do arise where vegetation needs to be removed from a protected RPA, usually when a tree becomes a hazard to private property or the general public. When this is the case, the property owner must request a waiver from the Department of Land Development Services (LDS) and fill out a vegetation removal application prior to any disturbance.
- To determine if part of all of your property is within an RPA, contact the Urban Forest Management Division at 703-324-1770, TTY 711, or explore Fairfax County's new mapping application, Jade.
- To read the full article, click here.
Next month's meetings will start at 7 PM in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151, unless otherwise indicated.
- The next Sully District Council meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 23 October 2019.
Topic: Sully Candidates Forum with the League of Woman Voters, Fairfax Area
- Candidates for the five Senate and five House of Delegate districts within Sully have been invited to speak and answer questions
- House of Delegates:
- 36th District (Difficult Run Precinct)
- 37th District (Multiple Precincts)
- 40th District (Multiple Precincts)
- 67th District (Multiple Precincts)
- 86th District (Multiple Precincts)
- 32nd District (Multiple Precincts)
- 33rd District (Multiple Precinct)
- 34th District (Multiple Precincts)
- 37th District (Multiple Precincts)
- 39th District (Compton Precinct)
- The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Monday, 21 October 2019. This meeting will he be held at the Chantilly Highlands Community Center.
- 7:00 -- Comprehensive Sign Plan and Comprehensive Sign Plan Amendment to accompany the recently-approved K. Hovnanian at Pender Oaks
- Proponent: Andrew Painter, Walsh Colucci
- Proposal: Comprehensive Sign Plan (CSP 2018-SU-008) and Comprehensive Sign Plan Amendment (CSPA 83-C-021-02) to accompany the recently-approved K. Hovnanian at Pender Oaks
- Location: The property contains two parcels of record comprising approximately 18.06 acres in aggregate located on the north side of Lee-Jackson Memorial Highway (Route 50), and west of Fair Ridge Drive (Route 7960), directly north of the Pender Shopping Center.
- From the On-line Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form:
- Exempt: Is
- Statement Acknowledged: Not Applicable
- Proposal Details: The applicant, K. Hovnanian Homes at Pender Oaks, LLC, is requesting a Comprehensive Sign Plan (CSP 2018-SU-008) and Comprehensive Sign Plan Amendment (CSPA 83-C-021-02) to accompany the recently-approved K. Hovnanian at Pender Oaks project. The Pender Oaks residential rezoning was approved by the Board of Supervisors on October 16, 2018 via PCA 2009-SU-020-3 and RZ/FDP 2018-SU-008.
The site is subject to an existing Comprehensive Sign Plan Amendment (CSPA 83-C-021), which was approved in 2009. This CSP and CSPA request seeks to modify the prior CSPA to add multiple signs throughout the Pender Property for purposes of the residential project identification, wayfinding, building identification, project banners, tenant identification, and temporary signage.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2019 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes