Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
from 27 September 2023 Sully District Council Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
Stop! Is your Organization/Association a member of the Sully District Council of Citizens Associations?
If Not, Why Not? The dues are only $10 a year
In numbers there is strength
Your membership helps pay for our WebEx license and the maintenance of website
We want and need your membership
- The Sully District Council of Citizen Associations met in person at 7:00 p.m. on 27 September 2023 at the Sully Government Facility front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. There was also a WebEx link for virtual participation
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2023?
- Sully District Council is Social!
- A video of the June 2023 Sully District Council meeting, Sully Supervisor Kathy Smith's State of Sully, is available on the Sully District Council YouTube channel or our website. Heres' a link to our website's video
- For September's meeting announcements please see September's Sully District Council of Citizens Associations Membership agenda.
- Meeting Topic: Candidates Night
- Sully District Council's Tenth Biennial State Legislative Candidates Night
We have invited all candidates for the two Senate Districts, 36 & 37, and five House of Delegate districts, 7-11, that will represent Sully district in the legislature
- Sully District Council's Fourth Quadrennial Candidates Night for Candidates running for Sully District positions
We have invited all candidates for Supervisory and School Board Member positions for Sully District
- Senate Districts
- Alex Kellum spoke in Stella Pekarsky's (Democratic Candidate) behalf
- Julie Perr (Republican Candidate)
- Kenneth "Ken" Reid (Republican Candidate)
- Liam Fischer spoke in Saddam Salim's (Democratic Candidate) behalf and provided a video.
- Delegate Districts
- Karen Keys Gamarra (Democratic Candidate)
- Luellen Hoffman Maskeny (Republican Candidate)
- Max Fisher (Republican Candidate)
- Irene Shin (Democratic Candidate) provided a video
- Nhan Huynh (Republican Candidate)
- Dan Helmer (Democratic Candidate) provided a video
- James Thomas (Republican Candidate)
- David Bulova (Democratic Candidate)
- Sully Supervisor
- Keith Elliott (Republican Candidate)
- Sully School Board
- Cynthia Walsh (Republican Candidate)
An abbreviated video of the meeting is available on the Sully District Council YouTube channel or our website. Heres' a link to our website's video
The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee (JSDLU&TC) met on Monday, 18 September 2023..
A video of the Joint Committee's meeting is available on the Sully District Council YouTube channel or our website. Heres' a link to our website's video.
- 7:00 — Chantilly Premier: Proposed data center or, alternatively, a warehouse on property
- The Joint Committee finalized its discussion and recommended that the proposal not go forward. The committee's resolution in opposition was sent the planning Commission, BOS, and others as indicated. Jeff Parnes made our opposition known to the Planning commission at their meting of 20-21 September.
- League of Woman Voters Candidates Nights for countywide positions
- Venturing into Volunteering Fair
- Have you thought about volunteering? Looking to add new and enriching activities to your life? Want to create new connections? The annual Venture into Volunteering fair is back in-person this year! You don't want to miss this opportunity to meet representatives from various nonprofits and local government agencies who will share about various ways to volunteer throughout this region. Whether you have 1-2 hours to give or are looking for a bigger commitment, there's something for everyone. Venture into Volunteering will be located on the lower level of the Springfield Town Center in Springfield, VA, on Sunday, October 15, 2023, 12-4 p.m. Questions? Email VolunteerSolutionsRecruitment@FairfaxCounty.gov or call 703-324-5406.
As circumstances permit, unless otherwise specified next month's meetings will start at 7 PM in the Sully Government Facility
- The next Sully District Council meeting will be held on Wednesday, 25 October 2023. This meeting will be held at the Chantilly Highlands Community Center at 3225 Kinross Cir, Herndon, VA 20171)
Topic: Electric Vehicle Charging in residential communities
- Next month's Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Monday, 16 October 2023.
At this time there are no items for consideration
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2022 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes