Agenda for 26 April 2017 Sully District Council Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Council of Citizen Associations will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 26 April 2017 in the in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2017?
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
- Membership Presentation starting at 7:00:
- Manassas Battlefield National Park's current plans and possible impacts on its Fairfax County neighbors by Brandon S. Bies, Superintendent, Manassas National Battlefield Park
- The SDCCA Land Use and Transportation Committee meets jointly with the WFCCA Land Use Committee on 4 April 2017 at the Sully Government Facility:
- On the agenda:
- Pohanka Automobile Dealership to increase the overall FAR to 0.30, and to increase the building height (DSC-E4-1 Pohanka)
- Items of General Interest:
- Current events at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- Rehabilitation work on the Old Centreville Road bridge over Bull Run
- VDOT will begin rehabilitation work on the Old Centreville Road bridge over Bull Run on Tuesday, 24 January. During the rehabilitation, bridge traffic will be controlled via temporary signals. This project is scheduled to be completed by the Fall of this year.
- To find more information on this project, please click here.
- Scheduled Meetings/Activities:
- Dulles Suburban Center Meetings
- As the Dulles Suburban Center Study enters into its second phase, the Advisory Group has set its schedule for the next several months. Residents are invited to attend the meetings and hear what the group is discussing regarding land use in the Dulles Suburban Center. The upcoming meetings will be held at 7 p.m. at the Sully District Governmental Center, 4900 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly, on March 21, 5 & 19 April and 1 May 2017.
- Specific meeting topics will be posted on the Dulles Suburban Study website closer to the date of each meeting.
- The Fairfax County Federation of Citizens' Associations request the pleasure of your company at the Sixty-Seventh Annual Awards Banquet honoring 2016 Fairfax County Citizen of the Year
- Sunday, the second of April at the Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner 1960 Chain Bridge Road, McLean, Virginia, Cash bar Cocktails 5:30, Program 6:30 p.m.
- Fairfax County Citizen of the Year: Joseph Chudzik
- Citation of Merit Honorees: Cheryl Ellsworth, Emily McCoy and Ken Balbuena
- Click here for more details, or to RSVP or Pay via credit card
- Next month's meetings will start at 7 PM in the in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151.
- The Sully District Council membership meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 24 May 2017
- Topic: Report from Richmond by Sully State Legislators
- State Senators
- Janet Howell (32nd District) - Confirmed
- Jennifer Wexton (33rd District) -
- Chap Petersen (34th District) -
- David Marsden (37th District) - Confirmed
- George Barker (39th District) - May not make it - he'll be coming in from Baltimore
- House of Delegates
- Kenneth Plum (36th District) -
- Dave Bulova (37th District) - Confirmed
- Timothy Hugo (40th District) - Can not make it
- Jim LeMunyon (67th District) -
- Jenifer Boysko (86th District) -
- The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Tuesday, 2 May 2017.
The agenda tentatively includes:
- Chantilly Nursing and Rehab Center (Centreville Road north of McLearen Road) proposes to amend a proffer requirement for a covered walkway connecting the two buildings on the application property.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2017 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes