Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
Agenda for 22 February 2017 Sully District Council of Citizens Associations Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Council of Citizens Associations will meet at 7:00 p.m. on 22 February 2017 in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2017?
- The January 2017 Sully District Council meeting minutes are posted online
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
Membership meeting topic is Development and Redevelopment in Westfields Corporate Park
- David Gill, McGuire Woods, Westfields Business Owners Association Board Member
- Lori R. Greenlief, Akridge Westfields Development
- Susan Yantis, Regency Centers @ Commonwealth Centre (Wegmans)
- On-line Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form
- All prospective presenters are requested to complete the On-line form as a condition of their presentation.
- Church of the Blessed Trinity
Items of General Interest:
- Current events at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- Rehabilitation work on the Old Centreville Road bridge over Bull Run
- VDOT will begin rehabilitation work on the Old Centreville Road bridge over Bull Run on Tuesday, 24 January. During the rehabilitation, bridge traffic will be controlled via temporary signals. This project is scheduled to be completed by the Fall of this year.
- To find more information on this project, please click here.
- Stuart Mill Road Closures Feb. 22-24
- Detours in place for stormwater pipe replacement
- Stuart Mill Road (Route 669) between Colt Run Road and Bridge Hill Lane will be closed to through traffic Wednesday, Feb. 22 through Friday, Feb. 24 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day for stormwater pipe replacement, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- The following detours will be in place during the closures:
- Detour 1: Fox Mill Road and Vale Road back to Stuart Mill Road (Route 671)
- Detour 2: Fox Mill Road, Steeplechase Drive, Lawyers Road and Birdfoot Lane back to Stuart Mill Road
- Residents within the closure area, emergency vehicles and school buses will continue to have access to Stuart Mill Road; however, they will not be able to go beyond the point of pipe replacement in either direction.
- All work is weather permitting.
- Public Feedback Sought for Draft Update to Environmental Vision by 6 March 2017
- draft update to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors' Environmental Vision has been produced, and public feedback is sought. To offer input, please answer an online survey that will be available online through Monday, March 6.
- Fairfax Coubty is currently seeking feedback on the initial draft of the updated Board of Supervisors Environmental Vision. The Board of Supervisors adopted its vision in June 2004, and it was last updated in March 2007. The current vision is organized into six major core service areas: growth and land use, air quality and transportation, water quality, solid waste, parks/trails/open space, and environmental stewardship.
- Please take this online survey through Monday, March 6 to offer your comments.
- This draft incorporates public comments that we previously received when we asked people about what additions, changes, or updates they wanted. We held three public meetings and conducted an online survey to get this feedback.
- The input received so far is summaried in a presentation, and results from the survey and meetings are also provided individually.
- Survey Results:
- Public Meeting Input:
- Dulles Suburban Center Meetings
- As the Dulles Suburban Center Study enters into its second phase, the Advisory Group has set its schedule for the next several months. Residents are invited to attend the meetings and hear what the group is discussing regarding land use in the Dulles Suburban Center. The upcoming meetings will be held at 7 p.m. at the Sully District Governmental Center, 4900 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly, on March 6 and 21.
- Specific meeting topics will be posted on the Dulles Suburban Study website closer to the date of each meeting.
- The Fairfax County Federation of Citizens' Associations request the pleasure of your company at the Sixty-Seventh Annual Awards Banquet honoring 2016 Fairfax County Citizen of the Year
- Sunday, the second of April at the Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner 1960 Chain Bridge Road, McLean, Virginia, Cash bar Cocktails 5:30, Program 6:30 p.m.
- Fairfax County Citizen of the Year: Joseph Chudzik
- Citation of Merit Honorees: Cheryl Ellsworth, Emily McCoy and Ken Balbuena
- Click here for more details or to RSVP or Pay via credit card
Upcoming SDCCA Meetings