Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
Agenda for 20 April 2020 Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Meeting will meet virtually at 7:00 p.m. on 20 April 2020 Due to the intensification of the coronavirus pandemic this meeting will be conducted online only! This meeting will be held using a webex meeting url. Meeting Information:
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2020?
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
- The Sully District Council meeting is scheduled for 7:00, Wednesday, 22 April 2020.
- Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
Speaker: President and CEO, Victor Hoskins
Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee topics
- In light of an amendment to the Code of Virginia, the county has provided us with a statement be to read when our land use committee meets with a prospective applicant for a rezoning or proffer condition amendment (PCA) for new residential development and/or new residential use in areas of the County that are not exempt from Virginia Code Section 15.2-2303.4. It is recommended that if our committee is meeting with more than one applicant to read this statement for each rezoning/PCA.
- All times estimates are provided as a courtesy, presentations will start after the completion of the proceeding presentation, however long it takes. Recommend that presenters be ready at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
- Prospective presenters are requested to register on the Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form as a condition of their presentation.
- SE-2020-SU-004 Sully Plaza TD Bank
- Proponent: Sheri Akin, AICP, McGuireWoods LLP
- Proposal: This is a special exception request to re-establish a drive-thru bank use at an existing drive-thru bank pad site within the Sully Plaza shopping center. The existing bank building has been vacant for over 2 years, and pursuant to Section 9-016(1) of the Zoning Ordinance, a new special exception is required to re-instate the use. No ground disturbance, except for landscaping replacement, is proposed with this application. The new tenant, TD Bank, will make minor interior renovations, as well as minor exterior building improvements such as new signage and awnings.
- Location: Sully Plaza Shopping Center
Their presentation is available in PowerPoint and PDF formats.
- Read Statement: Not Applicable
- The Board of Supervisors held a public hearing on 14 April on RZ 2019-SU-009, PCA 85-S-061-06 and PCA 86-S-039 (Retreat at Westfields)
- The Retreat at Westfields proposals included:
- RZ 2019-SU-009 (Elm Street Communities, Inc.) to Rezone from I-3, AN and WS to PDH-8, AN and WS to Permit Residential Development with an Overall Density of 7.88 Dwelling Units per Acre Including Density Associated with Affordable Housing and Approval of the Conceptual Development Plan, Located on Approximately 19.92 Acres of Land (Sully District) (Concurrent with PCA 78-S-063-09, PCA 85-S-06106 and PCA 86-S-039),
- Public Hearing on PCA 78-S-063-09 (Elm Street Communities, Inc.) to Amend the Proffers for RZ 78-S-063, Previously Approved for Light Intensity Industrial Uses, to Permit Deletion of Land Area and Associated Modifications to Proffers and Site Design with an Overall Floor Area Ratio of 0.435, Located on Approximately 11.07 Acres of Land Zoned I-3, WS and AN (Sully District) (Concurrent with RZ 2019-SU-009, PCA 85S-061-06 and PCA 86-S-039),
- Public Hearing on PCA 85-S-061-06 (Elm Street Communities, Inc.) to Amend the Proffers for RZ 85-S-061, Previously Approved for Light Intensity Industrial Uses, to Permit Deletion of Land Area and Associated Modifications to Proffers and Site Design with an Overall Floor Area Ratio of 0.435, Located on Approximately 0.53 Acres of Land Zoned I-3, WS and AN (Sully District) (Concurrent with RZ 2019-SU-009, PCA 78-S063-09 and PCA 86-S-039), and
- Public Hearing on PCA 86-S-039 (Elm Street Communities, Inc.) to Amend the Proffers for RZ 86-S-039, Previously Approved for Light Intensity Industrial Uses, to Permit Deletion of Land Area and Associated Modifications to Proffers and Site Design with an Overall Floor Area Ratio of 0.435, Located on Approximately 6.18 Acres of Land Zoned I-3, WS and AN (Sully District) (Concurrent with RZ 2019-SU-009, PCA 78-S-063-09 and PCA 85-S-061-06)
- Supervisor Smith made a motion to approve
- All the PCAs listed above and RZ 2019-SU-009 and its associated Conceptual Development Plan (CDP), subject to the executed proffers dated March 10, 2020;
Approve the modification of Part 2 of Section 6-407 of the Fairfax County Zoning Ordinance to modify the 200- square foot privacy yard requirement to allow a minimum 4-foot minimum rear yard as shown on the CDP/Final Development Plan (FDP); and
- Approve the modification of Part 2 of Section 11-302 of the Fairfax County Zoning Ordinance to permit private streets in the proposed development to exceed the maximum 600-foot length limitation as shown on the CDP/FDP.
- This referenced letter was sent to the BOS on this application which restated our position that the proposal not go forward
- The motion was seconded by Supervisor Gross. The motion carried by unanimous vote.
- Jim Hart reports the following new cases:
As circumstances permit, next month's meetings will start at 7 PM either virtually or in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151, unless otherwise indicated.
- The next Sully District Council meeting will be held on Wednesday, 27 May 2020 .
Topic: Annual report from Richmond
- Speakers — All ten state delegates and state senators representing Sully District will be invited
- Next month's Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Monday, 18 May 2020.
At this time no cases are scheduled
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2019 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes