Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
Agenda for 21 August 2023 Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee (JSDLU&TC) Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
Stop! — Is your Organization/Association a member of the Sully District Council of Citizens Association?
If Not, Why Not? The dues are only $10 a year
In numbers there is strength
Your membership helps pay for our WebEx license and the maintenance of website
We want and need your membership
- The Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Meeting will meet virtually at 7:00 p.m. on 21 August 2023 . This meeting is conducted with participation by members of both the Land Use and Transportation committees of the SDCCA and WFCCA
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2023?
- The Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Meeting will have a
online option. The WebEx meeting URL is below.
The Sully District Council requires each participant in our online meetings to identify themselves. If your screen name does not provide enough information to identify yourself, or you are a call-in participant, you will be asked to identify yourself and the organization you represent. If after repeated requests, you choose not to do so, you will be disconnected from the meeting.
Sully District Council is Social!
Jim Neighbors, the Sully District Council Secretary, has recently updated the JSDLU&TC Land Use Matrix XLSX PDF.
The Sully District Council of Citizens Associations Membership will meet on 28 September 2023
- Topic: Candidates Night
- Sully District Council's Tenth Biennial State Legislative Candidates Night: We have invited all candidates for the two Senate Districts, 36 & 37, and five House of Delegate districts, 7-11, that will represent Sully district in the legislature
- Sully District Council's Fourth Quadrennial Candidates Night for Candidates running for Sully District positions: We have invited all candidates for Supervisory and School Board Member positions for Sully District
Due to the coronavirus pandemic this meeting will be conducted online only!
Next Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Meeting is scheduled for 21 August 2023
7:00 — Public Facilities Policy Plan Update (PFPP) in the Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan
Agenda available late on the day of the meeting
Previous Land Use and Transportation Committee Minutes
Next Land Use and Transportation Committee Agenda
- Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee topics:
- In light of an amendment to the Code of Virginia, the county has provided us with a statement be to read when our land use committee meets with a prospective applicant for a rezoning or proffer condition amendment (PCA) for new residential development and/or new residential use in areas of the County that are not exempt from Virginia Code Section 15.2-2303.4. It is recommended that if our committee is meeting with more than one applicant to read this statement for each rezoning/PCA.
- All times estimates are provided as a courtesy, presentations will start after the completion of the proceeding presentation, however long it takes. Recommend that presenters be ready at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
- Prospective presenters are requested to register on the Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form as a condition of their presentation.
- The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee (JSDLU&TC) will meet on Monday, 19 June 2023..
- 7:00 — Public Facilities Policy Plan Update (PFPP) in the Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan
- Proponent: Mohamed "Mo" Ali, Planner II, Planning Division, Fairfax County Department of Planning & Development
- Proposal: Public Facility Policy Plan changes
- Draft Text of the Public Facility Policy Plan
- Redline Text of the Public Facility Policy Plan, changes highlighted in red
- 8:00 — Chantilly Premier: Proposed data center or, alternatively, a warehouse on property
- From the Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Request Application Form:
This proposal was discussed at the May JSDLU&TC meeting, see the May agenda.
- Proponent: Evan Pritchard, Cozen O'Connor PC
- Proposal: Proposed data center or, alternatively, a warehouse. Zoning approval for an auto dealership (RZ 2019-SU-021/SE 2019-SU-022) was approved on the property on July 28, 2020.
- Location: The property is a 12.1-acre piece of Tax Map #0332 01 0006 known as Chantilly Premier located immediately to the west of Chantilly Auto Park. The property is bordered by Route 50 to the north and approximately 67 acres of RPA to the west and south.
- Exempt: Is
- Read Statement: Not Applicable
- See their updated presentation
- Due to the interest in this topic given the large number of PV residents we will break out each aspect of the case so the developer and residents can response, comparing the data center vs. an auto dealership facility.
- Land-Use Zoning (Industrial, Commercial, FCPA)
- Transportation/Parking (access, number of trips, and parking spaces)
- Footprint (FAR, height differences)
- Electrical power (periodic generator back-up maintenance & safety inspections)
- Noise (roof coolers, noise contours, periodic noise studies)
- Lighting (perimeter, evening/night hours)
- Water consumption
- Waste/Sewage (chemical discharge)
- Environmental (Cub Run SV)
As circumstances permit, next month's Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee meeting will start at 7 PM in the Sully Government Facility.