Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
Agenda for 15 July 2019 Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Joint Land Use and Transportation Committee met at 7:00 p.m. on 15 July 2019 in the Sully District Governmental Center Rear Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. This meeting is conducted with participation by members of both the Land Use and Transportation committees of the SDCCA and WFCCA. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2019?
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
The Next Sully District Council Membership Meeting is scheduled for 25 September 2019
- The Sully District Council membership does not meet during the summer months
- This fall we will sponsor a series of Candidates' nights with the League of Woman Voters of the Fairfax Area
- County Candidates in September
- Legislative Candidates in October
- Following the July Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee the SDC board will meet to determine the remainder of membership meeting topics for 2019 and early 2020
Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee topics
- In light of an amendment to the Code of Virginia, the county has provided us with a statement be to read when our land use committee meets with a prospective applicant for a rezoning or proffer condition amendment (PCA) for new residential development and/or new residential use in areas of the County that are not exempt from Virginia Code Section 15.2-2303.4. It is recommended that if our committee is meeting with more than one applicant to read this statement for each rezoning/PCA.
- All times estimates are provided as a courtesy, presentations will start after the completion of the proceeding presentation, however long it takes. Recommend that presenters be ready at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
- Prospective presenters are requested to register on the Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form as a condition of their presentation.
The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Monday, 15 July 2019.
- 7:00 -- Bull Run Winery SE application<
7:40 -- Sully Community Center design update
- Proponent: Natasha Jimenez, Assistant General Manager, The Winery at Bull Run
- Proposal: SE application for a Farm Brewery
- Location: Property adjoining the winery with separate access from Bull Run Post Office Road.
The Bull Run Brewery application that was presented to our committee back in January of this year asked that they come back once the application made its way through staffing and they are reaching that point now. Supervisor Smith recommended that they aim for the July meeting before their hearings.
8:30 -- Hunter Mill Assisted Living Special Exception Application | SE 2018-HM-024
- Proponent: Jun Li, DPWES-Building Design and Construction Division
- Proposal: The building and site plan have been updated to reflect the approximately 4,000 SFT Healthcare Suite addition.
- Location: 13800 Wall Road, Herndon, VA 20171
- From the On-line Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form:
- Exempt: Is not
- Statement Acknowledged: Not Applicable
- Proposal Details: See the provided presentation (pdf) (pptx)
This ws previously presented to the committee last August.
- Proponent: Lynne Strobel, Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley, Walsh, P.C.
- Proposal: SE 2018-HM-024/li>
My firm represents the Applicant in the above-referenced special exception (SE) application to develop an Assisted Living facility at 2347 Hunter Mill Rd, which is identified in the Fairfax County tax assessment records as 37-2 ((1)) 26. The SE application has been submitted to Fairfax County and has been accepted for processing. Review of the same by staff has already been well underway. Currently, the Planning Commission hearing is scheduled for June 12, 2019.
- Exempt: Is not
- Statement Acknowledged: Not Applicable
- Proposal Details: The Applicant has filed a special exception application for the development of a 70 unit (86 beds) senior living facility, offering assisted living and memory care services. The proposed building will be two stories with a cellar and will contain approximately 43,680 square feet of gross floor area.
I have spoken with Ms. Goldie Harrison of the Hunter Mill District, and she has informed us that the Sully District Land Use Committee is interested in a presentation before them regarding this application. I talked with the Applicant, and we would like to schedule a presentation at the April 15th Land Use Committee meeting.
Next month's meetings will start at 7 PM in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151, unless otherwise indicated.
- The next Sully District Council meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, 26 June 2019.
- State of Sully - Invited Guest speaker, Sully Supervisor Kathy Smith
- The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled for Monday, 20 May 2019.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Land Use and Transportation Committee Chair
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2019 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes