Agenda for 25 October 2017 Sully District Council Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Council of Citizen Associations will meet at 7:30 p.m. on 25 October 2017 in the in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2017?
- The September 2017 Sully District Council meeting minutes are posted online.
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
- Membership Presentation starting at 7:30:
- Membership Topic: Seventh Biennial State Legislative Candidates Night jointly sponsored with the League of Woman Voters of the Fairfax Area (LWVFA)
- All candidates for the five House of Delegate districts within Sully have been invited to speak and answer questions
- 36th District (Difficult Run Precinct)
- 37th District (Multiple Precincts)
- 40th District (Multiple Precincts)
- 67th District (Multiple Precincts)
- 86th District (Multiple Precincts)
The joint SDCCA Land Use and Transportation Committee and the WFCCA Land Use Committee meet on 3 October 2017 (see their agenda).
Items of General Interest:
- Current events at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center
- 7 November 2017 General Election
- VDOT Unveils Website for I-66 Express Lanes Inside the Beltway
- Project Completed: Old Centreville Road
- Rehabilitation of the nearly 50-year-old Old Centreville Road bridge over Bull Run has been completed, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- Construction began in January, with bridge traffic reduced from two lanes to one. Traffic was controlled via temporary traffic signals, which allowed the project to be completed more quickly. The bridge reopened to two lanes in late August.
- The $4 million project was completed on time and under budget. The contractor was Martins Construction Corporation of Falls Church.
- The bridge was built in 1968 and averages about 13,000 vehicles a day.
- Police Auditor and Civilian Review Panel Now Accepting Complaints
Two new entities are up and running tasked with enhancing police accountability, trust, and transparency. The newly established Independent Police Auditor and the Civilian Review Panel are ready to receive complaints and requests for reviews, but how does it work?
- Complaints to the Independent Police Auditor:
You may submit a complaint or request a review of an already completed police investigation regarding alleged police misconduct. The police auditor, Richard Schott, will lead complaints about the following:
- An officer-involved shooting
- In-custody death
- Use of force
- Complaints to the Civilian Review Panel:
If the request involves alleged abuse of authority or serious misconduct by a police officer, the nine-member Civilian Review Panel will be in charge of that review. Examples of complaints and cases for the Civilian Review Panel to review may include:
- Use of abusive, racial, ethnic or sexual language
- Harassment or discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, familial status, or disability
- Reckless endangerment of a detainee or person in custody
- Serious violations of Fairfax County or police procedures
- Submitting Complaints:
Here's a link to information about the form to submit a complaint. The same form is used for the auditor or review panel View Complaint Form Information.
- Oct. 25, 2017 7:30 p.m. Braddock Road Multimodal Burke Lake intersection
Kings Park Library, 9000 Burke Lake Rd
- Oct 29, 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. Garden Go-Getters at E.C. Lawrence Park
- At the end of the fall season, our gardens will need some help! Participants will be spread out around the educational display gardens at Ellanor C. Lawrence Park (historic herb and kitchen gardens) as well as the butterfly gardens and flower beds in front of the visitor center. Participants will help with weeding, removing dead plant material, clearing and raking falling leaves from the garden and other educational areas at the park. Volunteers will also have the opportunity to mingle with other volunteers interested in gardening and learn more about new and ongoing garden volunteer opportunities at ECLP.
- For the full list of opportunities and to register, please visit http://volunteerfairfax.civicore.com/index.php?section=volunteerFest&action=main.
Oct. 30, 2017 7-9 p.m. Public Meeting on Fairfax county's Prioritizing Proposed Transportation Projects for Funding, Thomas Jefferson Library
7415 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church
Nov. 8, 2017 6:30 p.m Soapstone Connector Environmental Assessment Public Hearing Dogwood Elementary School, 12300 Glade Drive, Reston
Nov. 9, 2017 Comments are due for the online survey about TPP
November 13, 2017 6-8:30 p.m. Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Fairfax County and Prince William County Design Public Hearing for project segment from Route 50 to I-495, Oakton High School Cafeteria, 2900 Sutton Road, Vienna, VA 22181
November 14, 2017 6-8:30 p.m. Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Fairfax County and Prince William County Design Public Hearing for project segment from Route 29 to Route 50 Stone Middle School Cafeteria, 5500 Sully Park Drive, Centreville, VA 20120
November 16, 2017 6-8:30 p.m. Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Fairfax County and Prince William County Design Public Hearing for project segment from Gainesville to Route 29 in Centreville Piney Branch Elementary School Cafeteria/Gym 8301 Linton Hall Road, Bristow, VA 20136
Nov. 16, 2017 7:30 p.m. Braddock Road Multimodal Ravensworth Road
intersection – Ravensworth Baptist Church, 5100 Ravensworth Road, Annandale
Dec. 5, 2017 - Last day to submit land use Plan changes nominations for the 2017 North County Site-Specific Plan Amendment process (SSPA).
Do you have an idea to amend the Comprehensive Plan - the county's guide for land use and development? Are you interested in gaining more knowledge about land use planning or participating in the land use planning process? A community screening of submitted nominations will occur prior to the addition of proposed amendments onto the Fairfax County Comprehensive Plan Amendment Work Program. Areas eligible for the North County review cycle include the Dranesville, Hunter Mill, Providence, and Sully Magisterial Districts. Additional eligibility requirements apply. For more information on the SSPA nomination process and timeline, and to download a nomination form, please visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpz/planamendments/sspa, or call 703-324-1380 to consult with planning staff.
Dec. 11, 2017 7:30 p.m. Braddock Road Multimodal Burke Lake intersection,
2nd meeting Kings Park Library, 9000 Burke Lake Rd
Next month's meetings will start at 7:00 PM in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151.
- The next meeting of the Sully District Council membership will start at 7 pm on 15 November 2017, the third Wednesday of the month due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Topic - Planning for a Sully District Station Public Safety Preparedness Program
- Commander Sully District Station Captain Dean Lay
- Assistant Commander Lieutenant Ryan Morgan
- Crime Prevention Officer MPO Sabrina Ruck
- Outreach Officer Earl Culbertson
- Leslie Jenuleson Citizens Advisory Committee Chairman
- Grelia Steele Community Outreach Manager Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- Patrick Smaldore COTC Member
- The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee is scheduled to meet at 7:30 pm in the back conference room on Tuesday, 7 November 2017.
- Win & Archery seeks a Group 5 special permit to establish an approximately 1,375-square foot archery range in Unit 340 of the building located at 14101 Sullyfield Circle, Chantilly
- Play N' Learn seeks a Group 5 special permit for an indoor recreation use in its warehousing establishment located at 4102 Pepsi Place, Chantilly
- Comprehensive Sign Plan Amendment for Commonwealth Centre immediately to the east of the interchange at Route 28/Westfields Boulevard
- Dulles Discovery South Secure Office Campus - RZ 2017-SU-011 relocate a previously approved office building to create a more cohesive campus
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2017 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes