Agenda for 24 October 2018 Sully District Council Meeting
by Jeff Parnes
- The Sully District Council of Citizen Associations will meet at 7 p.m. on 24 October 2018 in the Community Use room of the Fair Oaks Police Station, 12300 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22033. Please park in the 50 West Parking lot just to the east of the police facility. The meeting will be canceled if Fairfax County Schools or after school activities are canceled due to adverse weather the day of the meeting.
- Time to renew your association's membership in the Sully District Council. Our membership application can now be submitted on line! Please complete it, and then print a copy to enclose with your check.
Has yours made plans to join us for 2018
- Sully District Council Tweets!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
- Membership Presentation Topic: Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department
- Richard Roatch, Acting Assistant Chief
- Matthew Cox, Operations Captain
- The joint SDCCA Land Use and Transportation Committee and the WFCCA Land Use Committee met on 17 October 2018 (see the Agenda).
- 7:00 -- Special permit amendment (SPA) application by Luck Stone Corporation to request a five-year renewal of its existing stone quarrying, crushing, sales, and ancillary use
- Items of General Interest:
- Current events at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center.
- Fairfax County Transportation Status Report (FCTSR) --Recently, the Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) released its bi-annual FCTSR, which covers updates for Fairfax County transportation projects, programs and initiatives from March 2018 thru August 2018 and highlights the completion of 20 transportation projects: seventeen bike/ped projects, two roadway projects, and one transit project. In addition to these projects, 22 bus stop improvements were completed. Read more at: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation/news/t31_18.
- Scheduled Meetings/Activities:
- Land Unit J Task Force -- A group of community members along with Fairfax County staff will meet several times over the coming weeks to assess proposed changes to Fairfax County's Comprehensive Plan for the area encompassing the Westfields Business Park, also known as Land Unit J of the Dulles Suburban Center. This group will review the Westfields Business Park to determine whether changes to the existing planned uses should be made. All meetings are open to the public; however, this is a working group with no specific time allotted for public comment. The kick-off meeting will be on Monday, October 29, 2018 at Stone Middle School (5500 Sully Park Drive, Centreville, VA 20120) from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. For additional information, click here.
- Take the Fairfax County & Franconia-Springfield Parkways Online Survey!
- The next meeting of the Sully District Council membership will start at 7 pm on 28 November 2018.
- Topic - Status of SilverLine Phase Two Construction.
- The Joint Sully Land Use and Transportation Committee will meet at 7PM on the third Monday, 19 November.
- Proffered Condition Amendment and Special Exception Amendment applications for Pohanka Virginia Properties
- Plans for Porsche dealership on Stonecroft Blvd
- New Fairfax Water Authority Maintenance Facility on Willard Road
- Continued discussion of last month's consideration of Luck Stone Corporation's SPA application to request a five-year renewal of its existing stone quarrying, crushing, sales, and ancillary use
Jeffrey M. Parnes
First Vice President
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2018 @ sullydistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes