Sully District Council of Citizens Associations
P.O. Box 230042
Sully Station, VA 20120-0042
Notes from the 6 March 2018 Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee
by Jeff Parnes, Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee Chair
- PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES:
Notes from the 6 February 2018 Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee are available online.
- MEETING ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Refer to the March Joint Sully District Land Use and Transportation Committee agenda for meeting announcements.
- SULLY DISTRICT COUNCIL TWEETS!
- Follow us at @SullyDistrict!
- For transportation and related issues, follow the Sully District Transportation Advisory Commissioner at @SullyTAC
The March meeting of the Sully District Council will be held on Wednesday, 7 March 2018
- Membership Topic: Sully District Townhall meeting on the 2019 County and School's Budget jointly sponsored by the Sully District Council, Sully Supervisor Kathy Smith and Sully School Board Member Tom Wilson
- Bryan Hill, County Executive, Fairfax County
- County and School Budget Staff
LAND USE AND TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE:
- 7:00 -- Pender United Methodist Church
- Proponent: Shane M. Murphy Reed Smith LLP
- Location: 12401 Alder Woods Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033s
- From the On-line Land Use and Transportation Committee Presentation Registration Form:
Trustees of Pender United Methodist Church, on the north side of US 50 near the Harris Teeter have requested a PCA and SE. They are requesting several additions to an existing church building, up to a .25 FAR, and to increase the child care enrollment from 75 to 100. They also want to convert from an SPA to an SE. PC date tentatively 5-24-18.
- Exempt: Is
- Statement Acknowledged: Not Applicable
- Proposal Details: Proffer condition amendment to permit expansion of administrative areas of the church, and to permit expansion of the existing preschool through a concurrent special exception.
- Discussion Notes:
- Congregation established in 1907. Original location where Pender Vet is currently located.
- Special permit allows both nursery school and church services. This converts them to special exception
- Application will not increase church congregation size, but allow upgrade in services provided, bringing the FAR to .25, increasing the gathering and counseling facilities, they will move the current administration offices to the rear and enlarge and convert the space to causal meeting and gathering spaces. There are 193 parking spots, and no additional spaces should be necessary.
- Parcels along the access road (Alder Woods), although granted to the church as part of the PDH-5 development, would require agreement by all the home owners. The HOA and the church have good relations, and are notifying them. Working to coordinate the lighting between the church and the home development.
- The church will increase the nursery school up to 99 students, (at 100 the filing fee increase by a substantial amount). No line up for parking – the parents park in the parking lot and enter the facility get their students.
- Make the podium area ADA compliant
- Recommendation: The SDC has no objection to the approval of the Proffer condition amendment to permit expansion of administrative areas of the church, and to permit expansion of the existing preschool through a concurrent special exception
Next month's meetings will start at 7 PM in the Sully District Governmental Center Front Meeting Room, 4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA, 20151 unless otherwise noted
- The next Sully District Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 24 April 2018 at 7 p.m. This meeting is on the fourth Tuesday of the month
- Membership Topic: Fairfax County Park System, in the county and in SullyPresenters:
- Maggie Godbold, Sully District Park Authority Board Member
- Park Authority Staff
- The joint SDCCA Land Use and Transportation Committee and the WFCCA Land Use Committee met on 3 April 2018 (see the agenda).
- No items for consideration at this time
The meeting adjourned at approximately 8:15 p.m.
Jeffrey M. Parnes
Land Use and Transportation Committee Chair
Sully District Council
Sully District Council Home Page
Sully District Council Minutes
Land Use & Transportation Committee Minutes
Data Area Transportation Association information
http://www.SullyDistrict.org webmaster2018 @ SullyDistrict.org
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes